Easy Recipes for Kids - Tykemart (1)
Easy recipes for kids to make. Recipes for tasty sandwiches, snacks, and more.
Let the kids cook lunch or dinner this weekend. With a little help from Mom or Dad and this recipe from www.delish.com these sloppy joes are easy to make. Add a small salad and you have a great tasting autumn meal.
*The recipe calls for ground beef, but ground turkey, chicken, or vegetarian beef crumbles can be substituted.
**When using ground meat and poultry make sure it is handled properly and well cooked to avoid health issues.
· 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
· 1 large onion, finely chopped
· 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
· Coarse salt and ground pepper
· 3/4 pound(s) ground beef sirloin
· 1 can(s) (14.5-ounce) tomato puree
· 1/2 teaspoon(s) mustard powder
· 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) dark-brown sugar
· 1 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar
· 16 party-size potato rolls
1. Heat oil over medium in a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes.
2. Add beef, and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 4 to 5 minutes. Add tomato puree, mustard powder, sugar, and vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. (To store, refrigerate, up to 2 days.) Serve warm on rolls.